Steampunk Time Traveler Costume with Corset
Neo- Victorian adventure costume ensemble c. 1880’s includes corset, capelet, belt, bustle, bloomers, petticoat skirt. Hat and shoes not included. Works well as Masquerade Ball attire when paired with full length formal skirt, available separately and not shown in the photos.
Ensemble is made in size medium and will fit if your measurements are between:
Rental Rate is $150.
The Corset is made in a diamond pattern bronze brocade silk, and trimmed at the neckline with vintage hand tatted lace. (It almost killed our designer to cut the lace to fit– we both agreed it was for a good cause!) The center front neckline has a working latch hook and eye mechanism. The corset closes in the front with a traditional spoon busk closure which we hand painted bronze to match the ensemble.
The Bustle is made of a loosely woven, sturdy see through linen mesh, dyed a golden bronze. Steel boning makes it hold its shape. We finished the bottom hem with box pleated a raw silk stripe ruffle. The same stripe fabric is used in the side panels. The bustle and the corset are tied together with a brown leather shaped belt with double buckles. Both the belt and the bustle are trimmed with clock gears. (Go to www.periodcorsets.blogspot.com for the making of the gears for this special ensemble!)
The tailored chocolate brown dupioni silk caplet’s three tiers are cut on the bias and fastened together at the stand collar neckline with a bronze chain. The edge of each tier and collar are trimmed with a ¼” cotton lace.
The Bustle Petticoat as you can see in the inset is made of 100% Gold Shantung silk. It can be worn over the bustle or without.
The bloomers are made of an ecru cotton eyelet with an adjustable waist.
photographer credit: Raul Campoverde
Designers: Period Corsets®
We want you to be totally satisfied with your purchase and maintain our low costs. With that in mind, here is our Return and Exchange Policy:
All requests for returns/exchanges must be made within 5 days of receiving the merchandise. Please call us for a return authorization number prior to returning the item. No returns will be accepted without a return authorization number!
- If we sent you the wrong item (wrong style, color or size), we will exchange it for the right costume. You must return it within 5 days. We will pay the shipping costs.
- If it has a manufacturing defect, we will exchange it. You must return it within 5 days. We will pay the shipping costs.
- If the item was damaged in transit by UPS, please contact us immediately. We will arrange to send a replacement and give you instructions for returning the merchandise.
- If, upon visual inspection, it looks like the size won't fit, we will exchange it for a different size. You must return it within 5 days. You will pay the shipping costs.
- If, upon visual inspection, you don't like the item, we will exchange it for a different style that we may have in stock. You must return the original item within 5 days. Shipping costs are not refunded.
- If you want to return an item and do not want an exchange (e.g. there may be no time left to receive a substitute), we will refund the cost minus 20% restocking fee, provided it is returned in original packing and has not been worn at all. You must return the original item within 5 days. Shipping costs are not refunded.
Used rental costumes have a "no refunds" policy. Whether you rent or buy the used rental costumes, you may not have a refund, so it is important to inspect fit and condition before you decide. For this reason, we recommend that out-of-state customers do not choose our rental costumes.
If you are buying a costume for a special party, and if you want to use Return or Exchange privileges, then you must buy early enough, so that in case you need to exchange the costume, there will be enough time available.
During Halloween Season (Oct 1 to Oct 31) following additional restrictions apply: We will accept any returned item(s) received by us on or before October 14. If you cannot return the item by that date, then you must keep the item. Most orders placed in October will probably fall in the above category. That is why it is safer to buy your Halloween Costume in September to ensure your choice of style and also allow for the possibility of exchange, if necessary.