Edwardian S Curve Corset Masquerade Ballgown
Embrace a turn of the century Parisian evening in this dark and enticing sophisticated ensemble.
This corset (c. 1905) enhances the s-curve shape of this period. It has a lower bust line, encourages the torso to tip forward, and has ¼” spiral bones on the curved seams. This gorgeous piece exhibits the Art Nouveau style with its graceful curves, and is adorned with precisely stitched silk ribbons over the gusset seams and bone channels, black lace, and a large silk brocade bow at the center front.
Under the corset is a lovely black batiste v-neck chemise slightly gathered into wide eyelet lace on the upper neck edge, with narrow lace finishing the arm edges. The eyelet is then accentuated by a continuous silk ribbon beading with large brocade silk ribbon bows at the high point of the shoulder.
Last, but certainly not least, we have the teal silk tulip petticoat with its swirling embroidered ribbon net ruffle. The tulip petticoat is made of five-gores with darts creating shaping over the hips, and flaring at the hem with a bias cut flounce. The hem gracefully sweeps slightly lower in the back, creating the picture of elegance common to the era.
This full ensemble is ready to ship in size Large. You will fit if your measurements are between:
Seattle Designer: Period Corsets®
c. 1905 S Curve corset, chemise, skirt lace overlay Teal and Black Silk Brocade Edwardian Art Nouveau Ensemble
- Handmade item
- Size: L – Women
- Materials: silk, cotton, steel bones, busk
We want you to be totally satisfied with your purchase and maintain our low costs. With that in mind, here is our Return and Exchange Policy:
All requests for returns/exchanges must be made within 5 days of receiving the merchandise. Please call us for a return authorization number prior to returning the item. No returns will be accepted without a return authorization number!
- If we sent you the wrong item (wrong style, color or size), we will exchange it for the right costume. You must return it within 5 days. We will pay the shipping costs.
- If it has a manufacturing defect, we will exchange it. You must return it within 5 days. We will pay the shipping costs.
- If the item was damaged in transit by UPS, please contact us immediately. We will arrange to send a replacement and give you instructions for returning the merchandise.
- If, upon visual inspection, it looks like the size won't fit, we will exchange it for a different size. You must return it within 5 days. You will pay the shipping costs.
- If, upon visual inspection, you don't like the item, we will exchange it for a different style that we may have in stock. You must return the original item within 5 days. Shipping costs are not refunded.
- If you want to return an item and do not want an exchange (e.g. there may be no time left to receive a substitute), we will refund the cost minus 20% restocking fee, provided it is returned in original packing and has not been worn at all. You must return the original item within 5 days. Shipping costs are not refunded.
Used rental costumes have a "no refunds" policy. Whether you rent or buy the used rental costumes, you may not have a refund, so it is important to inspect fit and condition before you decide. For this reason, we recommend that out-of-state customers do not choose our rental costumes.
If you are buying a costume for a special party, and if you want to use Return or Exchange privileges, then you must buy early enough, so that in case you need to exchange the costume, there will be enough time available.
During Halloween Season (Oct 1 to Oct 31) following additional restrictions apply: We will accept any returned item(s) received by us on or before October 14. If you cannot return the item by that date, then you must keep the item. Most orders placed in October will probably fall in the above category. That is why it is safer to buy your Halloween Costume in September to ensure your choice of style and also allow for the possibility of exchange, if necessary.